• Do not blindly follow recommendations. If something seems wrong, decide what advice to follow based on your knowledge of what you offer.
• If you already appear high in Google search results, be careful and change just a couple of things at a time.
• If you have an established page, we do not recommend changing your page name/address to include your main keyword phrase. If you change a page name, you can lose your position on Google. Only change URLs on very new pages.
• Even if you see movement in Google just a few days after making changes, you would still be wise to wait 10-21 days before making any further changes. This way you can more confidently assess any positive or negative movements.
• It is not always a good idea to follow your competitors exactly, because they may have done some things incorrectly, and there may be important differences between what their page is offering, and what your page is offering.
Find more good advice in the FAQs we made just for POP, in the links below
If you want to learn more about SEO in general, a good place to start is our set of 12 linked FAQs on the topic:
For more information still, try the POP blog: Beginner SEO section