The contact page cannot be erased, here's why:
• When visitors view your site on a desktop browser, there is an important button "contact us" that appears in the top bar as they scroll down. This is linked to the contact page.
• It is not safe to display your email address on your website. This will dramatically increase the amount of spam sent to your email. Hiding your email address is one of the functions of a contact page/form.
• A contact page with a form also allows people to write to you, even if their email software is not on the device they use to check your site.
• The contact page allows you to put a postal address, a Google map location, your phone number, buttons to reach you through WhatsApp or Messenger (or other communication apps).
• You can rename your "contact" to "get in touch", or anything you like.
• The best place to have your contact page (in your tabs) is last. This is where most people will look for it first.
If you want to put a link in your footer it is best to make it your contact page.